About the Canadian Constitution Foundation
The Canadian Constitution Foundation (CCF) is a registered charity, independent and non-partisan. We defend the constitutional rights and freedoms of Canadians in the courts of law and public opinion.
“We protect the constitutional freedoms of Canadians through education, communication and litigation.”
We envision a Canada where:
- Every Canadian is equal before the law, and is treated equally by governments.
- There is freedom from fear and oppression.
- Canadians have the knowledge and motivation to recognize, protect and preserve their constitutional rights and liberties.
- Individuals control their own destinies as free and responsible members of society.
- Governments are held accountable to our Constitution in making and applying laws, regulations and policies.
Through education and litigation, the CCF supports:
- Individual freedom – the “fundamental freedoms” in section 2 of the Charter:
○ freedom of association;
○ freedom of peaceful assembly;
○ freedom of conscience and religion;
○ freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression.
- Economic liberty: the right to earn a living and to own and enjoy property
- Equality before the law: Section 15 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees equal rights and equal opportunities for all Canadians, special privileges for none.
Our Guiding Principles
- Frugality: We expend donors’ funds in the most effective manner possible.
- Political neutrality: We are nonpartisan.
- Honesty: We subscribe to the highest level of probity and sincerity in our words and actions.
- Optimism: We strive to maintain a positive outlook.
- Competence: We strive to carry out our work at the highest professional standard.
- Individual Freedom: Freedom of Speech, “Big Brother”, Healthcare Freedom, “Nanny State”
- Economic Liberty: Private Property, Labour & Workplace Freedom, Civil Forfeiture,
- Equality: “Human Rights”
Freedom’s Defense Team
The Canadian Constitution Foundation is grateful for the help and support given by our donors (both big and small), volunteers, clients, board and advisory board members, and staff. We consider all of them members of Freedom’s Defence Team.